

Yesterday we went and bought Gabriela her first pair of sandals. This was the first pair of shoes we have bought her. My family and friends have bought her majority of her clothes and shoes, so this was an experience considereing we didn't even know her shoe size! In Argentina the sizes are different. I did find out she wears a talle 18 here….don’t know what it would be in The States!! She seems to like them, and she is trying to take steps when I hold her hand.
Prices here are really going up compared to a few years ago. In 2000-01 the economy crashed in Argentina . Upper class people that had money in savings or bonds lost the majority of their money. We have met Argentineans that were affected and do not keep their money in the bank now. I remember the first time I came to Buenas Aires I saw people picketing the streets and shattering the glass windows at banks. The pesos went from being equal to a dollar to as low as 16-1. One dollar is now worth 3 pesos. Yes it is great living here, and earning the dollar! However, for Argentinean this is not a cheap place. I paid 69 pesos for a pair of baby sandals, but I would never pay $69.00 for a pair of baby shoes! Argentina has the extremely wealthy families and the families that are just getting by. If the peso ever gets to be equal to the dollar again, this will not be a cheap place to live for us!
Prices here are really going up compared to a few years ago. In 2000-01 the economy crashed in Argentina . Upper class people that had money in savings or bonds lost the majority of their money. We have met Argentineans that were affected and do not keep their money in the bank now. I remember the first time I came to Buenas Aires I saw people picketing the streets and shattering the glass windows at banks. The pesos went from being equal to a dollar to as low as 16-1. One dollar is now worth 3 pesos. Yes it is great living here, and earning the dollar! However, for Argentinean this is not a cheap place. I paid 69 pesos for a pair of baby sandals, but I would never pay $69.00 for a pair of baby shoes! Argentina has the extremely wealthy families and the families that are just getting by. If the peso ever gets to be equal to the dollar again, this will not be a cheap place to live for us!
2 comments:
Look at that beautiful smile! :)
I am so jealous that it is summer time there. It is 15 degrees right now in Bentonville.
Post a Comment