Friday, November 4, 2011

Preparing To Travel

This week has been filled with errands every day!! My goal was to get everything ready by Thursday so I could have all weekend to relax and not worry. I went to the grocery store multiple times, bought new winter clothes, shoes, medicine, hats, gloves, cooking spices and the list goes on!! We have not had a winter in three years and I had a lot of catching up to do!

Wednesday was Gabriela's last day of Music Preschool. We have been talking about going to Japan a lot lately and how she will get to see Daddy and meet new friends. When she saw me at the door of her school she would not come. I went in to get her and she ran away. The look in her eyes was heart breaking. Her lip was quivering and she starting crying. It was awful. The teacher came over to give her a hug, and she was bawling in her arms. Then I started to cry, and I think the teacher's got teary eyed too! I never thought I would be sad about taking my child out of pre-school. It was a lot harder than I expected.

We leave Sunday and I am excited but also nervous. I have no idea what to expect, and I know it will be a huge culture shock for me. We will have a house sitter while we are gone. It worked out that one of my friends is getting ready to go back to school and move home. I offered our house and she gladly took me up on the offer!

No comments: