Friday, November 11, 2011

Japan

We made it to Japan yesterday, and the traveling was hard. We left our house at 12:45 p.m. Tuesday afternoon. At 2:40 we were on the flight set to take off,  and the plane had mechanical problems. We all had to get off the plane, and they cancelled the flight. After standing in line for two hours I got another flight going to Dallas and then L.A. We left Okc. at 7:00 for Dallas. We had a two hour layover in Dallas and arrived in L.A. at midnight 2:00 a.m.  Oklahoma time. We missed our flight to Japan, and the airlines got us a hotel in L.A. I got all four of our bags waited for about 20 mins for the hotel shuttle and finally got to bed around 3:30 a.m.
The next day we arrived at the airport around 9:30 a.m. for an 11:50 flight. When I got to the ticket counter of Asiana they told me I had to pay $620 a piece for missing my flight. I told them my flight was cancelled and I had been re booked. They told me I need a letter from American Airlines of proof that my flight was cancelled. I then had to walk about 20 mins. outside the airport holding Gabriela and all my carry ons trying to get to Americans terminal. I got there and could not find any help. Finally, a lady helped me and I received a letter stating my flight was cancelled. I walked back to Asiana and proudly handed the manager my letter. He looked at the letter and noticed my name was the only name on the letter. He said he needed Gabriela's name on it also. I then burst into tears and asked him "what do you want me to do walk all the way back." He then made some phone calls and got it fixed!
At 11:50 a.m. we started our 13 hour flight to Korea. Luckily we had a little girl in the aisle seats next to us. She played with Gabriela for a couple hours, Gabriela only watched t.v. for about an hour! I decided I am not bringing her dvd player anymore. Finally around 10:30 p.m. she fell asleep and we arrived in Korea at 3:00 a.m. We had an hour layover and then a hour and half flight to Osawak, Japan. One of our bags didn't make it and I am hoping it makes it in a couple days. Nichy was there to pick us up and we fell asleep in the car ride. At 6:00 a.m. we made it to the apartment!
We are so glad to be together as a family. Gabriela had a twinkle in her eye that I have never seen before on the way here. She was so excited to see Nichy. We are trying to adjust to the time difference. Gabriela seems to be adjusting better than me!

No comments: