Thursday, May 5, 2011

Semi-Finals



This is a post I never thought I would be writing. Last night Quimsa finished their series 3-1 and advanced to the semi-finals! All year this team has struggled and never really clicked. When playoffs started they just clicked and everyone is playing great! We are the Cinderella team of the playoffs. We beat the number one seed and now are playing in the semis! The bad news is Gabriela and I are leaving next week. I am not ready to go home without Nichy, but need to be home for the business. I get teary eyed everytime I think about leaving, because we are so comfortable here. Nichy does not have a contract for next season. This time of year I also start to worry about where we will be next season. For the past two years we have been in Santiago. This is a good group of players and we have enjoyed the family atmosphere here. We have celebrated many birthdays together, and watched our kids grow. Last night I said bye to Ceci and Abril. Abril was Gabriela's first Argentina friend, and they always played great together. Hopefully we will see them again!

No comments: