Friday, April 23, 2010

Gabriela's 2nd Birthday Party!

Gabriela had a Minnie Mouse party and all her friends were invited. The kids jumped on a moon bounce, played games, danced, watched clowns perform, ate cake, and had a pinata! Children parties in Argentina are a big deal and usually last three to four hours. I thought it would be a long night but it went by really fast! We had a blast and couldn't believe the great turnout.





Singing Happy Birthday was one of my favorite parts of the party. Everyone was singing and Gabriela was really excited. We sang in Spanish first and then English. I really think Gabriela understood it was her birthday and that she is now two!




Nichy got Gabriela ready for the party. When they showed up her Minnie Mouse dress was on backwards and her bow was broken! Luckily I was outside waiting and fixed it! One on my moms friends made the dress and I thought it turned out really cute!



I made cupcakes and tried my best to decorate! I was nervous because my mom usually handles all the decorating for me! Dennie took a photo of Minnie Mouse and put Gabriela's face on it. We used those on the cake table, and center pieces for the other table. They turned out really cute. When I ordered the cake I was under the impression there would be a Minnie Mouse on it. However, when I picked it up it was a solid white cake! It was good and I really wasn't that worried about it.

Gabriela got a lot of presents and her first Barbie! Pepe one of Nichy's teammates got her the Barbie and she takes it everywhere with her. I thought I would be sad to celebrate her birthday without family. We have met so many great friends here and they made it easy not to be sad! Celebrating Gabriela's second birthday in Argentina was a great experience.

1 comment:

Mary Ella said...

Looks like you had a great time, she is just soooo beautiful. You should win an award for the party, looks like a professional! Please come by if you come to Bentonville this summer.